At Public Health Management people are our most important asset. PHMC is a growing provider of social health services in the region with over 1200 staff members with central offices located in a convenient center city location. Human Resources is an emerging leader within the PHMC’s corporate strategy. The transition is taking us from a transactional responsibility to an overall organization develop role.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the successful candidate will lead the employee relations imitative; develop the internal staffing strategy and provide leadership to key projects in Human Resources. The person we want will be a highly knowledgeable and experienced generalist across all facets of the profession. That person will have a strong desire to lead and a demonstrated record of significant achievement in a past paced, highly visible and successful environment.
The following is a summary of the essential Job Functions:
• Partner with Chief of Human Resources to carry out department and organization HR operations.
• Develop, manage and execute company wide human resource projects.
• Provides oversight on Human Resource policy, practice and procedure to assure compliance with regulations and the law.
• Provides leadership and guidance to HR management staff and others to ensure alignment with PHMC business units.
• Provides direction and leadership in establishing long and short term business objectives.
• Applies industry best practices through continuing knowledge of the profession and the industry.
• Assists, as directed or as appropriate, with internal and external meetings, conferences, hearing and trials either as PHMC’s spokesperson or in support of others.
• Provides mentoring to staff to foster professional and personal growth.
• Participates in, recommends and approves human resource actions as required by policy, practice or procedure.
• Completes performance management obligation in a timely manner with a high degree of quality and thoroughness.
• Attends the appropriate group or individual functions in order to advance Pham’s needs and interests and to develop internal and external resources.
• Travels to PHMC and affiliate work sites as needed.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Undergraduate degree in HR or a related field.
• Minimum of eight years Human Resources experience
• Minimum of five years supervisory/management experience
• Proven success of formal project management, recruitment, employee relations and performance management.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft and other applications.
• Must be familiar with HRIS system application.
• Outstanding planning and organizational skills.
• Excellent Negotiating skills.
• Must be solution driven.
• Ability to mentor and motivate others.
• Ability to influence others to promote and execute projects.
• Must be able to meet dates and management multiple projects and priorities.
• Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of HR Project Management and implementation, employment law and employee relations, policy development, performance management and recruitment. Background